Beer Review #96
read them here) have been purchased. The first of those four is Troegs Solid Sender Ale, from Troegs Independent Brewing of Hershey Pa.
This bright, clear, coppery orange ale boasts a huge head of slightly off-white suds and weighs in at just over 5%ABV. At around 45IBU's, contributed by mosaic and cascade hops, you might call it a weak IPA.
With pronounced citrus and a bit of tropical fruit aroma it certainly smells like an IPA.
The body of the drink is light and dry with plenty of bready, caramel malt flavoring that shines through making this perhaps a great "starter beer,' for somebody just beginning to explore the more intense flavors of the craft beer world.
Musical Pairing: Killing Your Time by Metal Church
Twin Tiers Beer Trail:
-Twin Tiers Craft Beer Club (Sayre)
- The Jolly Farmer, Waverly (Waverly)
- Bluestone Brewing Company (Sayre)
- Diversion Brewing Co. (Chemung)
- River Barge Brewing (Wyalusing)
- Waverly Discount Beverage (Waverly)
- Soprano's Italian Market (Waverly)
- The Grille at the Train Station (Sayre)