Beer Review #105
read here) were Smokestack Series beers from Boulevard Brewing Co, newly arrived at The Jolly Farmer, Waverly. This latest beer review, The Calling IPA, follows suit.
At 75IBU's, The Calling is an adequately bitter India Pale Ale, however I think the word "hoppy," would be a better way to describe it, as it is not one dimensional.
The Calling IPA pours an orange-leaning shade of "straw," with a sexy and "leggy,' head of foam.
The aroma is big, sweet and tropical, with...dare I say...a bit of that dank 'cat pee' smell that only an IPA lover could understand.
The taste is sweet tropical (mango / passion fruit) up front with a lingering bitter finish.
Musical Pairing: The Ophidian Trek, Meshuggah live 2014
Twin Tiers Beer Trail:
-Twin Tiers Craft Beer Club (Sayre)
- I-86 Beer Trail
- The Jolly Farmer, Waverly (Waverly)
- Bluestone Brewing Company (Sayre)
- Diversion Brewing Co. (Chemung)
- River Barge Brewing (Wyalusing)
- The Grille at the Train Station (Sayre)
- River Rat Brew Trail (Central Pa)